I cover the following themes:
- History of acquisition
- The lost archaeological context
- Find-spots for Euphronios
- Leagros kalos
- Interpreting the iconography in an Etruscan context
- High art?
- Philippe de Montebello on the Sarpedon krater
- A motif for recently surfaced antiquities
- A motif for repatriation: "Successo storico"
There are nine essays in the volume.
Gill, D. W. J. 2012. "The material and intellectual consequences of acquiring the Sarpedon krater." In All the King's Horses: essays on the impact of looting and the illicit antiquities trade on our knowledge of the past, edited by P. K. Lazrus and A. W. Barker: 25-42. Washington DC: Society for American Archaeology. [SAA website]